Wednesday, May 3, 2017

It wasn't what I was looking for...

but I found they clear cut the woods near a small lake I like to photograph in the Chequamegon National Forest.


Just 150 feet or so from this spot, loggers cut most of the spruce, fir, and cedar trees in a swath of land.

 
They only left a few white pine trees standing isolated in the clearing.
 
 
I was surprised and disappointed that this particular woods had been cut.
 
 
 
I had been coming to this small lake for several years to photograph the sky and reflections. The nearby forest was almost bog like, and moss covered the ground. I sank ankle deep while walking around to make these images.
 
 
The wind was blowing and there were no good reflections on the lake so I decided to investigate the cutting.
 
 
The sky looked good with lots of clouds so I photographed that as I walked around.
 
 
 
 
 
I did what I could. I focused on the clouds and silhouetted the trees that weren't cut.
 
 
 
 
I didn't expect the forest to be gone. I guess it is what it is.
 

No comments: