Wednesday, April 5, 2017

It's never the same......

No matter how many times I go back to the same place for photos, it's never the same. So I headed back to the lake shore looking for more images.
 
Wind from the north had blown ice back towards the shore and piled it onto some rocks. 
 
 
I silhouetted these trees against the western sky. 
 
 
 
The sun wasn't out long, before disappearing behind clouds.  
 
 
For the next half an hour it stayed mostly hidden. 
 
  
 
Even with low light, the contrast between ice and sky looked great. 
 
 
So the only thing to do was, 
 
 
compose the shot, 
 
 
find a little light and color, 
 

 
and just keep on shooting.  
 
 
I only had forty minutes to shoot what I could, 
 
 
before the sun set and darkness fell over Lake Superior. Today it was just long enough 



No comments: