Monday, April 22, 2019

It snowed quite a bit in South Dakota.....

On Friday I mentioned to my dad that the South Dakota Badlands would look great covered in snow.



He called the next day and asked if I wanted to run out there.




I sure did, but couldn't leave until Sunday night.




Sunday came and we drove all night hoping there would still be snow when we got to Badlands National Park.




As the sun lit the beautiful rock walls
there wasn't much snow left. Temperatures had been in the fifties in the days before we got there and most of the snow was gone.




Oh well, the light on the rocks was beautiful and it was good to be back in the South Dakota badlands.




The rocks were lit, I had a blue sky with a few clouds and I couldn't stop smiling.




Just smile, compose, and shoot.




Just another beautiful day in the badlands.

P.S. Later in the day I did find a side hill along the park road still covered in snow.





No comments: