Friday, April 3, 2015

Houghton Point......

My dad asked if I wanted to go check out Houghton Falls on Lake Superior today. I said yes and off we went.

 
The Houghton Falls State Natural Area protects a picturesque sandstone gorge along the Lake Superior shore.
 
We got there in the afternoon and the gorge was already mostly shaded so I headed for the light at the end of the trail at Lake Superior.
 
 
Here's the view of ice melting at Houghton Point on a 30 something degree afternoon.
 
 
Pine trees found footing right up to the edge of the  sandstone cliff.
 
 
 
It was quite a bit colder along the shore of the lake.
 
 
The light didn't last long as I made a few images and kept exploring.
 
 
 
An adult bald eagle glided over just above the tree tops as Dad and I started walking back.
 
 
 
I was surprised there was so much beauty in such a small area and can't wait to go back.



No comments: