Saturday, June 21, 2014

A little color....

 
It was 80 degrees and 90% humidity when I was making these images on Friday evening. This is a harebell (Campanula rotundifolia) flower in the Madison Arboretum.
 
 
 
There were plenty of mosquitoes as well, but they didn't seem like much of a problem after my experience up north a couple of weeks ago.
 
 
 
I was sweaty, sticky, and uncomfortable as I made these images of a black-eyed susan (Rudbeckia hirta).
 
 
 
I kept searching for flowers that were still in the light as the sun was going down behind some trees. I like the light and shadow on this image of phlox.
 
 
 
About half an hour earlier I was trying different compositions of reflections under this bridge at nearby Vilas Park.
 
 
 
 
 
I think I prefer the first one of the three.
 
 
 
I didn't have much time so I just kept searching for light and color. Like these smooth phlox blooms.
 
 
 
Here I photographed tall beardtongue or 'false foxglove'  (Penstemon digitalis).
 
 
 
Back to the harebell before catching some back lit leaves on what I think was a pink Yellowwood tree.
 
 
 
I didn't enjoy the bugs or ridiculous humidity, but I'm pleased with the images I captured in about an hour and a half. Hope you had a good summer day.
 
 

 


 






No comments: