Friday, September 28, 2012

It only lasted a moment

I was looking for elk with no luck when I noticed the clouds and sky.

I grabbed my camera an ran to the waters edge.

Just in time to capture this sunset.
 
 

The light only lasted for moment, but it was enough. 
 
As I looked around trying to find other interesting compositions I saw a mosaic of roots reflected in the water a ways off.
 
I rolled my pants legs to my knees and made my way along the shoreline. I kept my pants mostly dry, but my boots were soaked.


Here's one of the images I made of the trees upturned roots.
 
 
After a few more photos I headed towards shore and walked back through a tangle of pine branches and downed spruce.
 
I paused along the way and noticed this view out to the lake.
 
It was only 45 minutes from the time I stopped until I got back to the car, but what a beautiful night.
 
 
Before leaving the Clam Lake area I walked out among some tamarack trees and made this image of the night sky.
 




No comments: