Thursday, June 30, 2011

Finally....

A few years ago I noticed a blue flag iris like this growing at the edge of a pond in summer. I never took any photos, but really liked how it looked.


At the time I didn't even know what kind of flower it was.


Over the next couple of years I noticed the flower growing near different ponds and lakes I visited.


Every time I found them, either the flowers were past their prime and not looking the best or I didn't have my camera with me.


This past weekend everything changed.



I went looking to photograph elk near Clam Lake Wisconsin and only saw two elk after sunset. Needless to say, I didn't get any elk photos, but I did find a great looking blue flag iris growing at the edge of a small pond.

 

The first evening I found the flower I only had a couple of minutes to take pictures before the sun went behind the trees and I lost my light.


So I was there the next morning by 6:30 to get another shot at it. In my head I had an idea of the image that I wanted to create. 

I'm glad I went back because I was able to get the photo that I had imagined and a bunch more as well.

No comments: