Thursday, May 26, 2011

What the duck?


















My kids and I went out looking for more gosslings, but found this hen mallard and her family instead.


















The ducklings did a great job of staying with their mom as they fed and swam.



















The little ducks seemed like cute little fluff balls on the water.



















My kids started to get antsy and the sun was in and out, so it was time to go.



















The hen watches her little ones as we left.



















On our way back to the car a young red-tailed hawk flew just above our heads and alit on a pole nearby.



















My son Zach saw it first, just after it flew over our heads.






















It was lucky for me that both kids like hawks enough to happily wait a few more minutes as I took these photos. Kids, ducks, and a hawk, another afternoon well spent.

No comments: