Tuesday, October 11, 2016

I took my camera.....

and spent a little time in northern Wisconsin.


 
I stopped near Pattison State Park to photograph these pumpkins for sale along the road.


 
For years I had been noticing this type of ornamental grass along Wisconsin roadways. Today I took the time to make a few images of what I think is feather reed grass.
 


 
 

 
Then I made my way to Little Manitou Falls in Pattison State Park.


 
Capturing the falls with some fall colors behind.
 
 


 
I took the scenic route via highway 13 along Lake Superior towards Bayfield. It was windy and overcast along the lake so I turned south at Cornucopia hoping for some light before sunset.
 

 
Lucky for me, the sun made it through somewhere near Siskiwit Lake and I was able to capture some colorful maple trees near the road.
 
 

 
 

 
As I continued south towards Washburn I stopped one last time to capture the well lit leaves just before sunset.
 


 
 
 
 
 
 
It was a day well spent.

No comments: