Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Making do....

I was hoping to do sunrise at West Thumb Geyser Basin in Yellowstone Park, but got there a little late.



The sun was already cresting the horizon.



Things were moving fast and I felt lucky to find this lodgepole pine tree to use as a focal point for the images.



By changing my location and staying low I was able to take advantage of the beautiful color and light.









All and all I was pretty happy with what I did silhouetting the pine tree.



Just down the road I found some more trees, but the sun was getting pretty high by then.



Lucky for me, the steam from the thermal features really helped to make interesting images.



Finally, I worked my way further along the lake to one of my favorite views. I keep going back to these lodgepole pines year after year and they're always good.







No comments: