Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Moraine Lake ....

It had been a few years since I last photographed Moraine Lake and I was hoping for some good light and a few clouds at sunrise. I didn't get it.

In fact I couldn't even see the mountains across the lake when I got there.


















Either low hanging clouds or a heavy fog made visibility less than 100 yards.


























I thought about leaving to try and find some light at Lake Louise or up the Icefields Parkway,  but for a brief moment the sun hit the summit of a nearby peak and provided the little bit of encouragement needed for me to stay.


































It took more than an hour for the sun to finally burn through and reveal the Wenkchemna Peaks just across the lake.



















I'm glad I stayed.

 


No comments: